Tuesday 27 July 2010

Past few weeks...

I've been up to...nothing...much. I just go to my lectures, attend my tutorials on time and then I go home and I watch Doctor Who! I love Doctor Who. The show is awesome. I'm a sci-fic geek, I'm sorry...

So anyway, season 5 just ended and I feel so lost without D.W. just like when FIFA ended...boo.

I went to watch Inception today! Boy oh boy, Chris Nolan has done another remarkable job in directing it. The very idea that people could enter your dreams to steal otherwise inaccessible information is brilliant! What's more brilliant is the notion that ideas could be planted and made to look as if it was original!! The pace was very erratic, which kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The emotional aspects of the film- Cobb/Mal/Kids- was very convincing and allowed the audience to relate to the characters. Music-wise, another great score by Hans Zimmer though not as epic as the ones he did for the Dark Knight  or Sherlock Holmes (I have yet to get myself a copy of the soundtrack, boo)

I especially loved the fight sequence between Arthur and Fischer's 'mental henchmen' in the hotel, most of it isn't CGI! Awesome! It was definitely worth the $13 spent. I think it deserves another re-watch (in the cinema), you know, make sure you don't miss out any missed bits. Hmmmm, nah. I'll watch it on DVD.


On to upcoming things: #1 VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER!!!


and then I spotted this: The Green Hornet, another lame American movie...but oh noes, Jay Chou is in it?!?!?! WTH?!?! the first time I saw this trailer and saw an Asian dude, I was like "hey, he looks really familiar, where have I seen him before?" and then it dawned on me...it was Jay Chou. Jay Chou in an ENGLISH movie?!

Somehow, I don't see how this will bode well...haha.

No comments: