Friday 1 February 2008

I are maths stupid

School finally started on the 30th, a day earlier than most students because...why...'cos we're year 12 - the last year of school, also the most busiest cos we have exams! Whoo~ We have this thing called VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education) which is pretty much equivalent to STPM (no, we don't have SPM cos then we won't have to waste our time and money studying foundation :D)

These 3 days has been surprisingly tiring for me...mainly cos I sleep at 11+ (haaa...it's healthy wad...better than some ppl *eyes Eric*) and cos I think too much when I'm in bed...like what themes I want to explore in Art and VisCom (VCD/Visual Communication and Design/design stuff), how I'm gonna do this, do that...argh!

Art is not as easy as you think! You gotta do brainstorming, annotate them, do research, annotate the research...more research, trialling of techniques (painting, sketching, etc etc) annotate all the stuff you do, then have to produce the artwork, keep record of how you actually do it, take photos...more annotating..and by the end of it all, you have one big fat A3 size folio and several art pieces that have to be handed in for the examiners to mark you..AND I WANT TO GET THE TOP SCORE OF 50! And that's only for Art! I also have VisCom le also require all the things I just typed down!

So at night I can't sleep cos I think about ideas and stuff...=( and I have bad bad dreams...like last night I have this dream where I was on top of a building and then dunno why, the building starts to break and collapse (terrorist attack I think, haha) and then you're hanging onto the railing and the whole building goes crashing down and you feel the inertia and your stomach flying and you scream your lungs out and then it goes black and you actually think you died...then I opened my eyes and realize that it was just a dream. -_- Also I've had ridiculous dreams like getting married off, what's more, arranged marriage at like 20-22 and you think to yourself, "but I'm still so young!! I don't wanna get married! Why is this happening?? I don't love this guy, am I gonna be stuck with him the rest of my life etc etc." LOL it was actually quite unnerving really...

I still hate Telstra, still can't believe that they even count the upload rate wjakjdawijdawj;ljdjkhiouewoauiof!

Now, I'm rambling on about different stuff...like MATHS. I do not like maths, I'm bad at maths, I don't think I'll ever fully understand the fundamentals of maths and I definitely will get crap at maths...I got a D (I think) for maths even though it was way easier than the maths we did in form 4 ><. I NEED A TUTOR (no, Mark cannot be my tutor, namely cos he can't teach properly and I have to keep repeating his name over and over and over before he responds to me and I find that extremely annoying!)

I want to do good at maths, I want to get As and A+s for my tests and exams so I can get a good enough enter score. I am now forcing myself to finish any maths homework A.S.A.P. and be patient enough to ask Mark for help (gosh, he needs a social life) and to study and make a log book (notebook) of all the many graphs and equations like the derivatives of f(x) and whatnot. Please pray that I'll be really hardworking this year and do well in maths and get As and A+s. For English also! I got a C! I think that was cos I wrote out of topic...but still! A C is a no-no, so again, pray that I'll be able to write essays well, to be able to express what I think into words which I find hard and yah...and you're probably skimming through the post cos you're bored and lazy to read what I wrote cos I do that too, sometimes...=D

I'LL SHOW YOU MY TIMETABLE!! WHEEE

I have 5 subjects - English, Mathematical Methods, Psychology, Art and VisCom. The subjects are spread throughout 2 weeks...so it's week A and week B ( don't get mixed up later bring wrong books) and the blanks parts are the times where I have no classes so I can either go home earlier or go later to school, and there's this mentor group like home group but they changed it to mentor group and we have to meet once every week (highlighted in orange). I named it 'mental' group cos it's a waste of time, you just sit there and do exercises that supposedly will 'help' you with school.

You read it like (subject) (teacher's surname) and the (room it's in)

Like if it's English (my class is English B) and my English teacher is Ms. McIntosh and our English class is in Room H1 then the timetable there will say

ENGB MCI H6 (H is the block the room's in)

Sigh...pray for me ya??

I'll add a bonus picture of my school planner....hahas...=.=

To add, I might not be updating as much...maybe...depends whether I'm busy or not...hopefully I'll continue to update.



Oh, and GIMME THEMES TO EXPLORE FOR ART!!

I have

  • Emotion (how we hide what we feel - having masks)
  • Movement (how it is expressed, through colour, line, point)
  • Nature vs the opposite of nature, lol dunno what it's called. (How nature can coexist with buildings etc.)
  • Social status (rich ppl and poor ppl and how they treat each other, kinda cynical) Mark is really cynical...-.- he has this black aura around him most times...dunno why...haha
  • ??
  • ???
  • ????help???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun to read your blog..
Just a bit curious, is Mark still a quiet guy? Feel that always before...
And praise the Lord coz u have a DREAM!!! I got friends studying medicine and they dun know what they are studying for. Glad to enjoy your thoughts and feelings.
Actually I like the variety of classes you can attend in high school, as u can choose your subjects... Not like Malaysia, as u know, we study all of the subjects, often more than 10 subjects only for SPM!!!
Work hard for ur last year in high school and wish u can fulfil ur resolution! Happy and smile always....