Saturday 16 February 2008

98% Human, 2% Avian

Hi guys...I know, I know- haven't updated for a loooooong time- actually, not that long, only 2 weeks. =D Okay, that's a bad excuse.

Ima gonna try and condense what happened in the past two weeks.

Last Wednesday we had a 'lock-down' in our school- a real one. I was in my Psyc. class then and the bell started ringing, we thought smtg had gone wrong with the bell cos it wasn't lunch time so we ignored the first ring..then it started ringing again and the teacher said that it might be a drill so we promptly crawled under the tables near the middle of the classroom, laughing and joking along (didn't know it was real) until a teacher came to our classroom and said that it was and that it wasn't smtg to be worried about cos no danger to schl. Apparently, there had been an armed robbery near our school and the guy was heading towards school. Come to think about it no wonder there was this police helicopter flying for a while before the lock-down...hmmm...

A friend of mine said that the robber was actually caught in her neighbour's yard, complete with an entourage of unmarked police cars and all. That was pretty interesting...wondering why we had huddle in the middle of the classroom and not near the walls? Well statistics say that in Aus, you are potentially in more danger to be attacked by knifes (knives?) than a gun(s)...cos unlike the US, we can't purchase guns unless you get a special license (very hard to get). So hence "stay in the middle of the classroom under tables." Heard got another uni shooting yesterday in the US...again...geez...don't they ever stop? Hoh, Phebs, you musta heard it on the news..right? I feel scared for you :X Mmmm.

Other than that...I've been busy busy busy...doing 2 art folios, psychology...METHODS AH (I hate permutations and combinations- what cPr and nPr )
Oh and my favouritest hobby- reading....seriously, I'm such a book lover that when others are busy being distracted by TV and computer games, I get distracted by books (extremely easily). Like on Valentine's Day, we had no school cos of the teachers strike and stuff and I promised myself to catchup on my homework...which I did..sorta. I started doing homework at 9-ish then stopped at 11:30-ish read a bit of "The Magician's Guild" by Trudi Canavan, ate lunch and chatted with Phe a bit then continued reading till I finished the whole book at 8...all 500+ pages of it...O.o Remind me to not do that again..I get headaches for reading over an hour...why??? Do you guys? So whole day I got a headache..but I didn't care cos I wanted very much to finish the book....AND I DIDN'T FINISH MY HMWRK! AHH. Now I want to find the other 2 books in the trilogy and read and read somemore. =D

I also read "Maximum Ride and the Angel Experiment" by James Patterson - another really interesting book. I love the characters and their sense of humour: very funny! It's part of a series...Go check them out if you have a chance. Guess what?? They might even make it in to a movie!! Whoot!! I love good fantasy books, love 'em *hint hint*
If you go and recommend Eragon to me I'll puke. Eragon is - oh pleaaaasee, I couldn't stand Eragon. En'tho the ideas are good, his story writing isn't to my taste the way he describes every single bit of detail of Eragon and his surroundings just makes it long and boring...and and and bah...he needs to give the character more 'oomph' Eragon is a country boy yet he talks like like some well-literate person from the city or smtg- what planning is that?? Okay, I'll stop criticizing.

Sigh...now I'm tormented cos I cannot find the other 2 remaining books in the trilogy by Trudi Canavan..oh where are you??? I'm desperate to read them...I might even go the the local library to search later...hah...
ME WAN
I'll leave you with quotes from Maximum Ride series....lol

This is my favourite (whilst introducing Gazzy/The Gasman):
"He'd been the Gasman ever since he was a baby. What can I say? The child has something funky with his digestive system. A word to the wise- stay upwind!" - Maximum Ride.

and another quote (this is when Max- le main character/heroine, was talking about their pet dog they found called Total):
"Did I want a dog? No.

Did I need a dog? Also no.

We were six kids running for our lives, not knowing where our next meal was coming from! Could we afford to feed a dog?

Wait for it- no!"


- Maximum Ride.


Oh, the sarcasm *smile*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with u.

I too get distracted by books I read though half the day and not realise it! ha ha ha we are too much a like.

well daniel (book master) out


U can reach me at eragondragons@htmail.com put DANIEL READ THIS NOW IN THE SUBJECT BOX