Tuesday 19 February 2008

Eclipse Mints - Cinnamon Flavoured = YUCK

I'm wondering if Msia sells 'Eclipse Mints' - you know, the ones in the metal tin? No? They look like this:Anyhoo, I tried the orange flavoured ones and fell in love with them, then my friend suggested I try the cinnamon ones. Quote: "They are my favourite, try them; very nice." End quote.

And this is what I concluded after the first mint. Chilli-ish hot + mint + sugar = worst mint flavour ever.

Ughhh, but I still want to collect the tins (I have two more to collect, the peppermint and the spearmint flavoured ones): they're the only reasons I bought them anyway. =) It costs $2.50 for a tin of 50 mints.

Then there's the 'me being the president of JMYF (Junior Methodist Youth Fellowship)' thing. Yah, we had our yearly elections last Saturday (16/02/08) and apparently I got elected to be the president for this year. Whoo hoo..Not that I didn't expect it; I am the oldest now since all the older ones moved on to EMYF (English Methodist Youth Fellowship) so I guess it is kinda my responsibility to serve. Plus, I do want to serve God in anyway possible and this year, it's through being president.

Hopefully I'll be a good president. I have so many worries and fears and I don't know a thing about leading the comm.

Please pray for me and my committee members!! JMYF needs your prayers and support to:
  • Grow spiritually mature in fellowship and doing bible study
  • To get more ppl to come and stay in JMYF (we only have about 8 regular members le!)
  • JMYFers (ppl who come to JMYF) needs to be more enthusiastic and to serve too
  • basically all the above and loads loads more...
We also just had our first committee meeting of the year last night - man was that tiring. We came up with a theme - COOL (yes, I 'ripped off' 2004's Msian Youth Convention theme. But not intentionally! Cos the pastor suggested to have a theme like COOL and make it stand for something, so I just said why not "Christ Our Only Love?" and everyone agreed and decided to stick with it - sorry!)

5 comments:

Jan Tie said...

Hey Grace! great that you're the president! hehz.... God will use you mightily. :D

GL said...

thanks..=D Gimme some ideas for games!

Anonymous said...

boo GL!! mic here.. i saw ur link from phe's.. n it's da first time i cam in!!hahaha.. yea.. we have eclipse mints here.. it's bout rm5-6 here..hahaa.. oh ya.. i'll pray 4 n ur youth =D CHEERS!! stay strong in Christ !! hehee..

GL said...

thanks Mic! Ahhhh im wondering how you're doing? GO MAKE A BLOG!

jocy said...

Hi, I was wondering where I can get the eclipse ciannamon and orange flavoured tins. My nephew collects them. I would appreciate a reply. Thanks