Monday 21 January 2008

Your Last Opportunity

I went to Camberwell Methodist Church yesterday for their English service. I enjoyed the sermon Rev. Gan was preaching that day about opportunities and how important prayer is.

This is kinda what he said (shortened)...it's not word for word but it should be alright.

Even if it was the last day of your life, nothing is more important than prayer. Through prayer, we keep in communion with God. So if we had one last opportunity, what would be the most important thing to do? Pray. Or in other words, to keep in communion with God by keeping the relationship alive through devotion, prayer and worship.

Rev. Gan then went on saying that most Christians are too busy or lazy to have that dedicated time for prayer and devotion (like me...but I'm trying!) and that nothing, nothing is more important in Christian life than prayer, no matter how busy we are. He then quoted from his friend/cousin (I forgot) which I thought, was worth a double thumbs-up goes like this:

"Ordinary people wait for opportunities, wise people look for opportunities but the very wise create opportunities."

Right on!

This reminded me that I should really dedicate a time just for prayer and devotion, not that I haven't, but dedicate a little more of my time...like say...30 mins? It that little? I want to be a very wise person by creating opportunities for myself to pray....XD

And again, devotion time is not because I have to do it or because I feel like doing it, but it's mostly because God is God and HE is the one worthy of all this attention, just like worship. We can't say, "Oh...I don't feel like worshiping today because I don't feel like singing etc etc." We worship because God is...well...GOD! The LORD of the universe! We are only His created beings! We have no right to say, "Sorry, I don't want to worship you today." (I learnt that from camp last year when this pastor was telling us that we worship God because of who He is not because of whether we want to or feel like it. Cos ppl were tired and all and weren't joining in the worhip...hehehehe)

So...yeah...SING PPL! and pray!

No comments: