Saturday 19 January 2008

A (cold) Summer's Day (warning, long post!)

I met up with Jia Han on Sunday, I think it was the happiest I've been in a long long time-lol. It's nice to meet up with someone from Sibu again; to talk to each other in- as Phebs had put it- 'rojak language'; to pester her for every ittle wittle bit of information whether important or unimportant about friends and church; to gasp and laugh at stuff she told me and to somewhat feel a bit disheartened on the whole.

I asked the night before if she wanted to join me for church the next day, she agreed and I told her how to catch the train from Flinders Station to Mitcham Station (which is nearer to our house in Wantirna) We were promptly late for church, haha, as JH missed the earliest train and had to wait 30 more minutes for the next but we got there in the end. After church (it was at Grace Church, also near where I live...walk 15mins can get there) we went back to our house, chatted a while and then mum and dad took JH, me and my sister for lunch at a Vietnamese cafe at Box Hill the so-called 'Asian' town (sort-of, since that's where all the Asian food is). The food was good. I love Vietnamese noodles! I also wanted to post pictures of the food but I can't because I don't have any pictures to post, lol.

Me and JH then took the train from Box Hill back to Flinders Station which is in the city. The train ride took about 30 mins (very normal time spent on travel if you live here, you get used to it) so we talked a lot on the way...about youth worship, church, SPM and all that. Now I feel sad again...=( Miss you all!!!

We then walked to JH's hotel (yes, she's staying at a hotel for now until they find a house. Pray for her!!) Gosh..I wanna talk about Australian Open but not yet..calm down, Grace... -_-;; Anywayyy, we freshened up in JH's 5-star hotel (Crown Towers Hotel)..wahh the room there so nice...even got a flat screen 40-42 inch tv in the hotel room @.@ The hotel foyer was 'wahhh' lolol. Seriously, I gotta stop that. MMMmmmm. I asked her why not stay at another hotel where it was cheaper and she replied "Well, let's just say my dad knows how to pamper himself" and I laughed...lol, it was comical wad...

Since there wasn't anything much to do; we didn't wanna go shopping or walk around the city so we opted for a movie: either 'Enchanted' or 'Atonement' in this case, we chose the latter because the time slots for Enchanted weren't suitable as JH's dad had invited us me for dinner afterwards. So Atonement (side) it was and besides, JH wanted to watch it.

Surprisingly it was pretty good, that's a big compliment from me because I'm not the type to go for romance or war but I enjoyed Atonement thoroughly. I loved the cinematography: it was extremely unique in a way as some parts of the movie were told from two different perspectives which was the main reason why I liked the movie. The other reason is the lead actor - James McAvoy (he has an intense glare and extremely pretty blue eyes. Don't look at me like that! :X and oh! He's the guy that plays Mr. Tumnus the faun in CoN:LWW!!), ermm lead actress Saoirse Ronan (no idea how to pronounce that but wow, she's really good for her age, 12 I think?) and the other lead actress Keira Knightly, yah..her... Don't worry, no spoilers...and for those who have watched it...I closed my eyes the entire time the..erm..MA 15+ scene showed...ah-ha-haaha................*nervous laughter* mm. For those who haven't, go watch, it's nice =D

After that we took photos using JH's camera (she hasn't sent me the photos so no photos) and then then went back to the hotel for dinner at Koko's: the best Japanese cuisine restaurant in Melbourne (here) ...$79 per person for the Teppanyaki set menus and that was only the second cheapest! But I guess the experience was worth it because the chiefs cooked the meals right in front of you on the hot stove that's built into the tables so we just sit around it and wait for the chiefs to cook..makes you feel like a princess...hahahaha. The other thing is that since the Australian Open (yes, finally!), the first of the four grand slams was starting the next day, famous tennis players come and stay at Crown Towers, so if you're lucky enough, you get to meet them.

Fortunately me and JH were lucky enough that evening to be sitting on the same table as Patrick McEnroe a former professional tennis player who is now the captain of the USA tennis team which won the Davis cup in winter '07. We found out because the chief who cooked for us loves his tennis and so he was congratulated Patrick on the win last winter and me and JH were both O_O and so we ate and listened to Patrick and another guy...forgot his name...who apparently works as a sports commentator in ESPN sports...wow...lol...but we didn't meet any other tennis players...JH did! She met saw Rafael Nadal world no. 2 tennis player (men) at her hotel foyer but she didn't get his autograph....sigh...JH la you...

World no. 1 is Roger Federer =D

I think I need to explain myself about this tennis business...I fell in love with tennis after watching the Hopman Cup last year...then it was the Australian Open which is held in Melb. in which Federer won..again (in '06 and '07)...no wonder he's world no. 1 player...aha-ha-haa....gahh...I WANNA GO AO NEXT YEAR! I'd better stop...later y'all get bored...

After dinner I had to head back, it was getting late so we bid our farewells and I walked back to Flinders Street...had to wait 40 mins for the train...so I played games on my mobile..haha..I guess it was an interesting day for me. Here's more of AO..XDXD
(I wonder who's gonna win this year...)

Venus Williams (USA) rank no. 8 female (her younger sister, Serena Williams is no.7) Just look at her bling! Real diamonds le..

This one here....Rafael Nadal...nice shirt~ and when there's a slow-mo of him on TV ahh...you can see all his sweat flick off his hair...uh...
Roger Federer! He's such a nice guy...very humble for his rank.

Okayyy!! I'll stop! Geez..

No comments: