Monday 5 October 2009

Why is it always?

Ugh...once again I find myself blogging even when I'm not supposed to! Argh! My exams start on Wednesday and here I am...typing...sigh.

I wonder why I always blog when I'm having exams, or when I have an assignment due. I think I'm trying to escape - heh.

This year's youth camp was the coldest, rainiest, dirtiest- did I mention coldest camp ever!! The weather that weekend was HORRIBLE. It rained almost all the time, it also hailed at one point; the hailstones were pretty big too. I also had a little 'accident' on the first evening too: I slipped in the mud and muddied my jeans! And guess what, my friend did the same thing too! (even after I warned everyone not to run). Haha. We also had to shorten and limit what could have been a great afternoon of games. Was pretty disappointed because I had spent quite a bit of time organizing the games... oh well. AND, goodness me, I left my phone at the campsite too O.o So I am without my phone, I feel so handicapped as I cannot contact people effectively :(

But despite everything that happened, God provided us with an amazing x10210 speaker!

The theme this year was "A Life Worth Dying For" based on Philippians 1:21 "for to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Pastor Philip Kua did 3 theme talks with us, and I can say, I was listening so intently to him all that time. I am even more surprised that some members of my youth group, the ones that go to camps just for fun actually paid a lot of attention during the talk, they even took notes! I am so proud of them! The Lord was certainly blessing our camp and the speaker! I've learnt a lot from this camp. I pray that my desire to learn will not die down.

I would like to elaborate more, but alas, I have to go back to revision...I don't have many photos, cos I was too busy during the camp to take any. But I think there are some on Facebook, there's videos of our talent night too! Go check it out...somehow...

GL out!

1 comment:

phebe said...

GL, i dedicated a blog post to you and me. check it out. haa..