Saturday 1 November 2008

Polymer Clay

Since it's my very last year at school, I wanted to give my teachers a gift but I didn't know what to give that's meaningful and long-lasting (of course I want them to remember me!) So I decided to hand make cute keychains/charms out of polymer clay (some sort of clay-like material that you can mold into different shapes based on PVC).

I went to Riot to get some after my study session at the library. Discovered that they were on sale for $2.99; if not they'd cost about $4.75 per 56g (picture 6 blocks of Cadbury Old Gold - yah, very exp for so LITTLE) I went and bought six different colours at once *piggybank cries* without even trying it out first because I did not wanna pay the full price (sale ends tomorrow, see)

Haven't experimented with them yet but I'll get around to doing that either sometime during this week or the next depending on how much revision I've done. I've never used polymer clay before so I don't know whether my gifts will be successful. I don't even know what I want to make...

Look at some of the sculptures. How can they look so real???? It's clay wadddd...

AND LOOK AT THAT!
(professional clay modeller - Garie Sim from Sg.)


I wanna get good like them....someday....someday....

No comments: