Wednesday 23 June 2010

Update Jan-June 2010 (part 2)

January 2010 ~continued~
3) Melbourne Zoo, Twelve Apostles, Thousand Steps, cherry picking and Sophia's
Bite him!
I think this is a pygmy hippo...not sure...


Rawrrrr!
I was a bit jealous that they got to go to the zoo :(
Missed out all the sights...




They also went to the Twelve Apostles. I think it was a 4 hour drive...but man, I really wish I'd seen the scenery! Clear blue sky! But I heard there were too many flies and big ones too...
Nice inlet...you can just see some of the rock formations...
 I only see...six?


This was a stop they made on the way to the Apostles. Awesome fountain...you can see the sheer size of it if you look at the photo on the right...can you make out tiny figures??


Anddd they also checked out the Thousand Steps! Melbourne's own 'Kokoda Track' 15mins drive from our house. Ever since the family went to this place mum started going religiously to exercise and she's lost 4kg!! She can even wear some of my pants now...crap...
Tough track up the steps...but when you reach the top, wah, the satisfaction :)


Cherry picking~
Bought so much home...so we spent the next few days just downing cherries. Yummy!
 Local winery. Uncle bought some back, so nice and sparkly and sweet :)

Random Victoria Market scene...me and Esther decided to arm wrestle...and...I lost miserably...


Dinner at Sophia's! We wanted to let our uncle and auntie eat Italian so we took them to Sophia's known for its HUGE portions...
See the dishes in front of us? Each dish is meant for ONE person, but being Asian we shared. Hey, cmon, who can finish one whole plate by themselves?

Uncle and auntie dearest left after 10 exciting days...boo...it was fun while it lasted...

4) Australia Day fishing trip (again)
Dad wanted to go fishing again (what is with men and fishing) so off we went with dad's friends/colleagues to a beach for some fish...I ended up baby-sitting the kids that tagged along with their parents... you can tell I really enjoyed it...
But! They were so cute~~
I helped bury him too! *tries to get credit for their work*

In the end we went home without any fish...oh well, next time.

January was a packed month: Lois came to visit from NZ and we went around the city and shopped a bit. Heard lotsa funny stories about NZ weather. It's crazy! No pictures though..cos we didn't take a lot...
Parents and I also got invited to a wedding dinner: had to dress formal. Formal = me wearing a dress *gasp*
Funny, I did remember taking photos of it...where has it disappeared to..? It was my first dress ever since I was old enough to decide what I wear!
Stole this from FB
Never again...in heels...pain...painnnn


and then February came and went. I quit my job at the end of Feb because I decided to put more effort into my youth ministry and uni...still unemployed but I'm not fussed. I learn spend less :)

March 2010, uni started again, hated my timetable because that I had to go to uni everyday...and me being me being lazy, I skipped a lot of my lectures (shhhhhhh!). 

April 2010, nothing interesting to report here...

May 2010: Mum's 49th birthday! She's getting older *cries* and I decided to change my hairstyle after what...4 years?! I got a bob cut :)
  
June 2010: exams...20th bday...lobster noodles~
That's about it...

No comments: