Tuesday 29 June 2010

Holidays

It's only been a week and two more to go and already I am bored. But being bored is a good thing because being bored forces you to go out of your way to 'satisfy' your boredom, eg. doing something you wouldn't do often: choosing to stay up into the wee hours of the morning to watch football matches  live on TV; spring-cleaning my room; going on an outing when it's raining and only 10 degrees; watching Dr. Phil --wait, what? -- and lotsa other random things. But one beneficial thing that I resumed doing is having my daily devotions.

I've been struggling a lot to keep it constant but somehow always fail. But I know God has been gently nudging me back to Him through the sermons I hear, through the books I read and the people around me. So I've started being constant and diligent in reading His word, meditating on it and praying with it. There's just nothing you can do on your own and succeed without relying on God's guidance.

There was this particular sermon (that I recommend to all) by Paul de Jong from New Zealand on Jesus as Lord (I've linked the podcast, go listen to it!) that really touched my heart and reminded me to view Jesus not just as a provider, but as Lord. He talked about a lot of other things which I can't really exactly recall - it's just better to hear him for yourself. But it helped me refocus my heart and 'internal' eyes back to Him. And as I prepare to face many challenges ahead, my prayer is that my life be pleasing in His eyes. Is yours?

No comments: