Tuesday 27 January 2009

Chilli Crackers and Diesel Go-Karts (Part 2 of 2)

Went for enrollment this afternoon and it was scorching hot! I'm so glad I had my sunscreen on otherwise I'd develop cancer already hahahaha. Sat in the lecture theater for about 1 hr listening to the unit descriptions. My confidence grew as the presentations went on- I now know what I'm supposed to do! After the presentations, we were told to go to the computer labs to enroll online. Finished that then had to get my Deakin Student I.D. card which was surprisingly quick; only had to wait like what? 5 seconds? On the way out I passed by the card reload station and attempted to load cash into my student card. FAILED horribly; the machine seemed pretty convinced that it didn't want to accept my card. GRRR..so I gave up and phoned dad to pick me up. I'll try again next time with someone more...knowledgeble.

OKay, part 2 of 2 (continued)

Australia Day (26th of January) was also the first day of the new Lunar Year. It was a while since we had a real family gathering so we came up with several ideas of how to spend the day. At first we were planning to go fishing where there will this guy who will teach us how to fish in a 4 hour long session (we get to cook the fish we catch for lunch/dinner) but that costs $75 per person. Too expensive; scraped that idea. Mum wanted to go to the beach to pick whatchamacallit? Pipis? Some kind of shellfish. But then we have to buy a licence to actually pick them. Sigh...Australia and her strict regulations. Dad cbb to buy one so mum suggested we go to the city to visit China Town and enjoy the festivities. Gave that idea a thought decided nahhhhhhhh, it's tiring getting there and there's bound to be loads of people. Plus it gets a bit boring and it won't feel like a family gathering. So last idea (our idea - the children) was to go to Adventure Park Geelong - this supposedly newly opened water theme park.

Fastforward to next morning


0700 hrs Monday Jan 26
Woke up, changed into our swimware, prepared food/drinks etc.

0740 hrs
In car ready to go. Dad setting the GPS.

0740 - 0945 hrs (approx 2 hrs)
I slept most the way there...dunno about the rest. Dad as usual...driving.

0945 - 1000
Arrived at the entrance. A queue has already formed. Had to wait a while for our turn to be admitted it costs $32 for an adult/child over 1.2 meters in height. I expected a paper pass (the ones where you stick in around your wrists but they gave us a stamp instead. I questioned the durability of the ink underwater and was told that the ink is waterproof (interesting~) *I still have the stamp mark on my wrist until now...it's faded though but still visible*

1000 - 1630
Sunny fun! I didn't manage to take photos of the wet rides...obviously it wouldn't be good for the camera to be in wet hands. There wasn't a lot of photos of dad and mum cos we went off by ourselves and I took the camera with me. Shame. I know.
Adventure Park Geelong

A very fine day indeed.

But what's up with Mark?

I think he was jealous of that guy's arm floats.

Don't worry, here's a yummy compensation :)

And look at our neighbors...

...and *gasp* what are you doing?? Trying to sneak more food?

Up and down. Side to side.
(The bridge was very unstable...it swings D: I feared for my clothes didn't want them wet again. Haha.)


But hey! Look at the fun they're having! Me likes those aquabikes.

Cue cue cue for archery!

"...could be dangerous" You don't say...

On to a safer pastime - Gol-!...putting...

Give your hair a flick

*Random shot insert*

And they yell, "Wheeeeeeee!"

My feeble attempt at kung fu. Haha.
(was actually trying to regain balance)


Maneuvering the waterways...

Contrary to popular belief, dad is actually wearing pants...really really short ones...

1630-1830
Home bound.

The most enjoyable rides for me were the Aqua Racer, Go Karting and canoeing. I think it's partly cos I like the adrenaline rush. However...Sunway Lagoon in KL is still much more fun. It's bigger and has plenty of wet and dry rides.

No comments: