Monday 26 January 2009

Chilli Crackers and Diesel Go-Karts (Part 1 of 2)

Just came back from Geelong. It's about 2 hours drive from Melbourne central. My eyes are red and sore...I'm heavy-headed and tired...but in a pretty good mood. It's the first day of CNY and also Australia Day!

Happy Chinese New Year (or 'Bully' New Year according to Alan) and happy Australia Day!!!

Before I continue with events that happened today, I'll rewind back to yesterday's Chinese New Year Eve.

As usual we went to church. The speaker that day encouraged "BUILDing" people up. Be it through your Belief in them and their abilities; Understanding; Inspiring others; Loveing them and be ready for Danger that is having the courage to go out and serve God not being a mundane (means earthly/laid-back) Christian. A lovely acronym, don't you think?

After church we went grovery shopping then I had to return my 4 overdue books (that's -$3 from my wallet *defeated sigh* and I've only managed to finish 1 out of the 4 books!

Okamied at home, cbb to defeat the boss (I was pretty tired) then had to make salad to bring to Olivia's "tuan yuan fan" that night. The salad was pretty good - lettuce, egg, potato, chicken breast and a good dollop of caesar salad dressing anddd I forgot to add salt and pepper so it tasted quite bland. I had a generous amount of GOOD CHINESE FOOD.
Loved Olivia's mum's bee hoon; managed a few cups of sago and cincau (made me really full); tasted some jellyfish-like-substance made from rice (ewww); had a few forkfuls of mee goreng; tried to finish a cup of red wine but accepted defeat and gave the rest to dad; attempted a chicken wing but my stomach had other ideas and decided to reject it...so I ended up pleading Mark to finish it for me; had an awesome time taking photos with Olivia, Shi Wei and Esther;
Don't you want me to cut your hair??

I guess we were a teeny bit bored.

This is what teens do when they're bored. Tread with caution.

Note Esther's expression. Classic.

Mega punch (slow-mo)

laughed at the lengths people go to to win a game (make the longest line possible using anything found on yourself - shoes, socks, necklaces, etc.);
Line of shoes...

Dorama Panorama!

had a blast playing with chilli crackers...
Dandelion in the Night-time.

and cheered on Jelena Dokic in her quarter-finals qualification round.
Go Jelena!

A jolly good day.

No comments: